TERMS & CONDITIONS
HEALTH AND SAFETY
The customer agrees not to enter the same room the Electrodry technician is working on or has equipment in. In the interest of safety we advise that:
- The carpet or floor may remain damp for several hours after the completion of the work. This may result in a slip hazard when walking from the carpet to hard floors such as tiles or floorboards.
- We will need to use electrical items and we ask you to be careful not to trip over any cords and keep children away from equipment that may be turned on.
- We may need to place a bucket that contains a heater and hot water in the laundry or bathroom.
For safety reasons, people and pets should be kept out of the area and away from the bucket for the duration of the works.
In addition, we ask you to advise our technicians of any potential hazards that may exist within the house or grounds prior to commencement of work.
DELIVERY OF SERVICE
Electrodry cannot guarantee that all stains will be removed upon cleaning or refinishing. Stains derived from caustics, acids and permanent dyes may be permanent stains that cannot be removed. Further, Electrodry cannot be responsible for any pre-existing condition that is not apparent upon visual inspection.
These conditions may include but are not limited to:
- Fugitive dyes not properly set in manufacture or re-dyeing
- Lounge suites that have water or solvent soluble coloured backing material
- Carpet that has been over-stretched during laying or suffers from de-lamination
- Carpet that has suffered sun-damage, making it fragile or affecting dye colour
- The use of high alkaline cleaning solutions or other products that may un-set dyes in the fibres of the carpet or upholstery
- Markers used on carpet, fabric backing or padding
- Sacrificial coatings used on timber floors
- Ghosting on a timber floor
- De-laminating polyurethane on a wood floor not obvious during the initial inspection
- Bodily fluids within mattresses
Electrodry will only warrant claims with respect to the workmanship of the services provided if the claim is reported within 14 days of completion of the work. In the event of a customer complaint, the customer undertakes to give Electrodry the opportunity to rectify all work.
For Timber Restore Services the customer must raise any concerns during the progress inspection, prior to the application of the final coat.
If you are charged a fee for Electrodry to provide a quotation, then if you proceed with the job the amount charged to provide the quotation will be discounted from the value of the job.
Minimum call out fees apply.
SPECIFIC SERVICE INFORMATION
Prices are subject to a maximum room size of 13 square metres. Stairs are quoted per step. Prices are subject to the condition of the carpet. Difficult stains may incur an additional charge.
Special Offers not available in all areas.
Price is per seating position and subject to the condition of the upholstery. Maximum width of a seating position is 80cm. A seating position wider than 80cm will incur an additional charge. Additional charges may apply for recliners, ottomans and chaises. Leather upholstery is subject to additional charges.
Tile & Grout Cleaning
Electrodry cannot be held responsible for any unforeseen adverse conditions relating to the cleaning of the tiles & grout. This includes but is not limited to:
- Loose, scratched or chipped tiles
- Loose, cracked or missing grout
- UV fading or damage
- Staining of the tiles & grout
Electrodry’s clear penetrating tile and grout sealer is supported with a 5-year warranty.
Electrodry’s grout colour sealing service is supported by a 10-year warranty (5-year warranty for wet areas such as bathrooms).
The terms and conditions of the warranty are:
- For warranty claims in the case of a spill, you must claim within 5 days of the spill occurring.
- Warranty holder must show their warranty card as proof of purchase when making a warranty claim.
- You must make reasonable attempts to remove the stain with an approved neutral (pH7) cleaning product before calling Electrodry.
- In wet areas such as showers, mould and mildew are excluded from all warranty claims.
- The sealed grout must only be cleaned with a soft bristle brush, such as a soft broom or toothbrush, not a stiff-bristled brush.
- This warranty will be voided if the protected areas are cleaned by any company other than Electrodry, or spot cleaned with a product that is not neutral (pH7).
- You agree to have at least one maintenance clean performed by Electrodry (at a discounted price) every 2-4 years from the date of the original clean to keep the warranty active.
- To make a claim you must have your receipt on hand.
- This warranty is not transferable. Normal soiling and dirt build up on hard surfaces and grout are excluded. No other warranty is expressed or implied. No one is authorised to assume for the Company any other liability in connection with this product. Warranty is available to owner-occupied residences only. It is not applicable to rental or commercial premises, or shower cubicle floors. Electrodry has the right to exclude certain areas from the warranty.
Carpet and Fabric Protection
The customer agrees that they have been informed that there are various types of fabric protection and the type used by Electrodry could best be described as a stain release.
This means that on each type of carpet or fabric its reaction is slightly different. Our product is not designed so that water beads up on the carpet, rather the stain that is caused by any spillage is released from the carpet.
Should the spillage or stain be a caustic, acid or dye, then this could impair the effectiveness of the product and the results cannot be guaranteed. Any guarantee on the application of the product is limited to attempting to remove the stain and re-applying the product to the affected area.
Air Conditioner Cleaning
Electrodry is not responsible for any pre-existing damage to the air-conditioner irrespective of whether the damage is visible or not. Examples of pre-existing damage include but are not limited to:
- Cracked housing components on the unit
- UV fading or damage
- Damaged fins
Air conditioning systems are designed to run wet. The Electrodry Air-Conditioner cleaning system will not damage a correctly designed and installed air-conditioning system. Electrodry is not liable for any problems associated with an incorrectly installed or designed system after cleaning.
Where we must turn off electricity to the premises, we shall not be responsible for issues with other devices in the house during or after the cleaning process.
Drapery & Curtain Cleaning
Electrodry will not be held responsible for any unforeseen adverse conditions relating to de-lamination, dye movement or ultra violet light (UV) damage that may occur in relation to the carrying out of the service on fabric/material, even if the apparent UV damage is not visible or ascertainable at time of providing the service.
The customer acknowledges that subject to certain fabrics and materials, shrinkage may occur up to three percent (3%) of the total curtain area and no responsibility will be accepted by Electrodry.
- All prices are subject to inspection
- Micro-cleaning ONLY (without the Micro-misting) may leave a heavy chlorine-based VOC or smell and is not covered by the 12-month Warranty
- Pets, plants and people must vacate the premises during treatment
- No-one is to be in the household during or for a period of 5 hours after the treatment
- Open food must be put away prior to treatment
- All areas to be micro-cleaned need to be easily accessible
- Moving of furniture/whitegoods etc to allow access is the customer’s responsibility and needs to be done prior to our attendance
- High and/or textured ceilings requiring scaffolding will incur additional fees
- If your paintwork is over 5 years old, there is a higher chance it will oxidize causing the paint to discolour
- In rare circumstances, bubbling of paint is possible where high levels of moisture have been prevalent
- Thermal fogging (Micro-Misting) may set off fire alarms. If this service is to be performed, it is the responsibility of the customer to make whatever preparations are necessary to manage this
- If humidity is not controlled the surfaces micro-cleaned may stay wet for long periods. The products are designed to aid in confirming if the moisture issues have been addressed
- All sources of water ingress must be rectified prior to treatment/remediation
- Warranties are not valid in designated wet areas such as the laundry and bathroom
- Warranties are not valid if any unforeseen water intrusion occurs
- If air sampling is being conducted, both the micro-cleaning and micro-misting must be done and the air sample must be taken within 72hrs of treatment
- The 12 Month Limited Warranty is applicable when both the Micro-Cleaning and Micro-Misting conducted and the relative humidity is measured at under 60%. Windows and window sills must be kept clean and free of moisture (including condensation). Electrodry Warrants that if the mould returns within 12 months and the client has fulfilled their requirements of the warranty, that Electrodry will return free of charge to clean all mould affected areas that were listed in the original scope of works and micro-mist the premises to remove air-borne mould spores.
- Any advice given related to the cause of mould contamination and the ongoing prevention of mould contamination is general in nature and the customer should undertake their own research. This may include, but is not limited to, consultation with builders and other trades.
Timber Refresh and Timber Restore
- Electrodry cannot be held responsible for imperfections in the floor not apparent at the time of inspection including but not limited to ghosting, delamination or peeling or sacrificial coatings previously applied to the floor that affect the ability of our coatings to bond to the floor.
- To protect your skirting boards from the accidental application of coatings we will apply painters' tape to all skirting boards. Electrodry does not accept responsibility for any paint that peels off the skirting board when the tape is removed.
Timber Refresh Specific Terms and Conditions
- Timber Refresh service can be described as a clean and "refresh" coating for timber floors and the original condition of the floor will impact the final result of the service. Whilst it is likely that scratches are greatly minimised in this process, Electrodry does not warrant that scratches will be removed.
- Please stay off the floor for 1 hour and then only walk on the floor with socks for 24 hours. Do not place rugs on the floor or wet the floor for at least 3 days.
- Electrodry does not warrant the longevity of the Timber Refresh coating with the exception that it will wear at approximately the same rate as the floors original coating
- If the coating appears uneven or soft (smears easily) after the coating has dried (allow 2 hours from the completion of the service) then you must call our office within 3 days of the service and advise us of the issue. We will organise to return as soon as possible, to remove and re-apply the coating or take alternate measures. Claims may not be warranted if you (the client) do not call within 3 days of the job as the coating may have irreversibly set.
Timber Restore Specific Terms And Conditions
- The Electrodry Timber Restore Service is the only way to effectively refurbish worn, polyurethane coated floors without the need for sanding, using a durable, attractive finish.
- The final results from the Timber Restore Service are always a function of the original condition of the floor. Your Restore service will:
- Remove or minimise the scratches
- Reduce colour variations from sun-fading and varying oxidisation levels, often referred to as picture framing
- Clean and re-seal areas of your floor when your original coating has worn through, and blend in colour variations as best possible.
- Apply a highly durable top-coat to provide an excellent finish for many years to come. Some defects in your floor are still likely to be noticeable and your technician will discuss these with you.
- Electrodry warrants that you will be satisfied with the final result of the service and that if you are not happy with the result in an area/ room that you do not pay for the cost of the room/area of concern (up to a maximum size of 13 square metres). As a condition of this warranty you understand and accept that:
- You must advise us before the top coat is applied if you have any concerns with the service. We will advise you when this is during the course of the service. If your cause of concern is the top-coat, then you must advise us accordingly within 24 hours of completion of the job.
- You must advise us before commencement of the job of any waxes, polishes or adhesives used on the floor that may not be apparent at the time of quoting or original inspection. Any undisclosed floor coatings or adhesives will void this warranty
- Defects to the floor not evident during the pre-inspection such as ghosting, lose or peeling poly-urethane or damaged floor boards may void this warranty and cannot be used as grounds to refuse or withhold payment.
- The maximum reduction in the price of the job allowable under the conditions of this warranty is 50% of the original value of the job.
Your Timber Restore Warranty
Electrodry provides all Timber Restore customers with a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not happy with an area then we will address your concerns and re-finish the area of concern free of charge prior to the application of the high density poly-urethane top-coat. As a condition of the guarantee:
- We will invite you to inspect the floor prior to the application of the final coating (the “progress inspection”). All concerns must be raised during the progress inspection for the warranty to apply. If you are not able to attend the property we will attempt to send you progress pictures of the floor however we do not take responsibility for the quality of the images forwarded, or the defects in the floor that may be missed in these photos
- If you have any concerns, you must identify the specific concerns during your inspection and give our team the opportunity to correct or address your concerns
- If you are not happy with the result at the time of the progress inspection, we may discuss with you several options including:
- We may agree to not apply the final high density polyurethane topcoat and discount the value of the job accordingly
- We may off to sand and refinish your floors at a discounted rate of $50 per metre inc GST in addition to the costs of your Timber Restore service. Please note that Electrodry does not offer a floor sanding and refinishing service in all markets.
- Electrodry Warrants that the Timber Restore Coating will not peel, chip or yellow for at least 5 years providing the original coating does not already suffer delamination or a sacrificial coating has been applied. If the floor suffers from de-lamination, peeling or a sacrificial coating has been previously applied then the Timber Restore service the warranty is limited to 2 years. The warranty is limited to the revision of the Electrodry Timber Restore Service.
- Electrodry uses only the strongest floor coatings available however we cannot guarantee scratch resistance and wear. Wear and scratches are a function of the wear the floor receives.
If there is an issue with the application of the high-density top-coat, then we shall return at a mutually convenient time to address those concerns and re-coat the floor.
- Electrodry Warrants that the Timber Restore Coating will not peel, chip or yellow for at least 5 years providing the original coating does not already suffer delamination. If the floor suffers from de-lamination or peeling prior to the Timber Restore service the warranty is limited to 2 years.
- Electrodry uses only the strongest floor coatings available however we cannot guarantee scratch resistance and wear. Wear and scratches are a function of the wear the floor receives.
Drying, Curing and After-Care Terms and Conditions
- Both Timber Refresh and Timber Restore coatings takes 7 days to cure. During this period you must not wet the floor or use a spray mop to clean the floor or place rugs or other floor coverings over the floor
- Both Timber Refresh and Timber Restore Coatings can usually be walked on in 3 hours wearing socks, however drying time depends on various environmental conditions and it is essential that you, the client, check that the floor is drying before walking on the floor. Electrodry does not warrant that the floor will be dry enough to walk on in 3 hours.
After coating the floor will usually be ready to walk on in 90 minutes however drying times may vary and you should exercise caution, especially on cold or wet days. Electrodry will not be responsible for any foot prints caused in the coating. Following on from the completion of the job, we ask that you:
- Only walk on the floor in socks for 48 hours
- Place felt pads under your furniture to prevent scratches
- Keep pets off the floor for 3 days
- Do not put mats or rugs on the floor for 1 week
- Do not wet-mop the floor for 7 days
Fluff or Hair. Pet hair and fluff will often circulate through a home when there is wind or airflow. Electrodry cannot be responsible for any hair or fluff that lands in the coating we apply to your floor.
Furniture Moving. If you pay for Electrodry to move furniture as part of your Timber Floor Service, then you accept that:
- Unless otherwise states, our furniture removal service allows for 2 technicians to move furniture at the start and end of the job
- Electrodry does not provide a qualified moving service and whilst all reasonable levels of care will be taken when moving furniture, Electrodry cannot accept responsibility for any damage that may occur during the moving process
- Electrodry technicians will only lift items of furniture that they are comfortable lifting. Furniture trolleys cannot be used on a freshly coated floor, so all items must be carried back after the service is completed.
- It is your responsibility (the client) to place felt pads under all furniture before the items are replaced. Electrodry does not accept responsibility for any scratches made by furniture that it replaces unless fresh felt pads have been applied to the base of the furniture.
We prefer payment to be made by Eftpos at the time of purchase and out technician will have a portable Eftpos terminal with him when he completes the job. We accept payment by credit card, but with a 1.5% surcharge. Payments by cash are subject to a cash handling fee of 3%. In the event that payment is not made according to our payment terms and we take action to recover the debt, then you, the client, shall be liable for all costs associated with recovering the debt including, but not limited to, legal costs and debt recovery costs
If payment is made by Credit Card and the transaction cannot be completed for any reason, then payment will be considered to be 'On Account' per the Terms and Conditions of the Invoice.
Cheques will only be accepted where an account has been set up prior to the job.
If an account has been set up and payment is not made by the due date, or payment is dishonoured or otherwise, Electrodry reserves the right to charge a reasonable Administration Fee, in addition to all other costs associated with recovering the debt including, but not limited to, legal costs and debt recovery costs.
If we attend your premises to provide a written quote then that quote is valid for 60 days only. If you require us to re-attend to re-quote the same service at a later stage then a fee of $50 shall apply for the re-attendance
If the scope of work changes from the time of the quote to the time that the service is provided, then we reserve the right to either charge an appropriate additional fee for the increased work, or if the work is not undertaken, charge 50% of the original value of the job. Example of a varied scope of work are:
- Significantly dirtier carpet/mattress/upholstery or carpet/mattress/upholstery with additional stains
- Wood floor with additional scratches or paint on the floor
- Mould growth into additional rooms, or areas of the room
If a quote is provided over the phone, then the quote is always subject to the condition of the surface or items to be cleaned or treated and the size of those areas.
Cancellation Fees and Surcharges
Electrodry reserves the right to charge customers a cancellation fee (minimum of $75) if adequate notice is not given for the cancellation of the booking. Adequate notice is at the discretion of the Franchise Owner, Technician or Operator who takes your call.
In certain instances, a deposit of $200 may be taken in advance of the job. This deposit is fully refundable and transferable providing you, the client, give a minimum of 2 full business days’ notice that you wish to cancel or transfer the booking. We notice of your intention to cancel to transfer the booking by phone (Ph 1300 717 175) and not email. Some mailboxes receive a large volume of emails in a day and are not constantly monitored.
Surcharges may be charged on jobs booked for weekends, after hours or public holidays; in multi level apartment blocks or when more than one operator is required.
It is the responsibility of you, the client, to organise parking for our technician. Accordingly, any costs for parking will be added to the invoice along with a surcharge if parking is not available within a short distance.
Brochures and Advertising Material
When stated on all advertising material the following conditions apply:
- Room is a maximum room size of 13 square metres. Any room larger will be classified as two rooms.
- Discounting of smaller spaces is up to the individual franchise owner, technician or call centre operator. Discounting of smaller spaces is not a requirement.
- All pricing is subject to inspection and additional charges may be incurred for stain removal, treatment of carpets or rooms that are more heavily soiled, dual process and additional services.
- The maximum width of a seating position is 80cm. If the seat is wider than 80 cm it shall be considered as 2 seating positions.
- Recliners and leather upholstery attract an additional charge
- It is up to the individual technician, franchise owner or call centre operator to honour any kind of advertising material that has been retained by the customer and is out of date or proven by Electrodry’s records to be out of date, or if the advertising material is from another area, franchise zone or state.
- Electrodry’s advertising material is distributed by a third party and Electrodry takes no responsibility for the incorrect distribution of these materials in any case.
Please refer to our website www.electrodry.com.au. We welcome any questions or comments and invite you to contact us. We may amend this policy from time to time to make sure that it is accurate and up to date.
In the foregoing, the word “Electrodry” shall include “A Whistle & Co (1979) Pty Ltd” and each one of that company’s “Electrodry” franchisees.