Terms and Conditions
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR ELECTRODRY SERVICES
The customer agrees not to enter the same room the Electrodry technician is working on or has equipment in. In the interest of safety we advise that:
• The carpet may remain damp for several hours after the completion of the work. This may result in a slip hazard when walking from the carpet to hard floors such as tiles or floor boards
• We will need to use electrical items and we ask you to be careful not to trip over any cords and keep children away from equipment that may be turned on
• We may need to place in the laundry or bathroom a bucket that contains a heater and hot water.
For safety reasons, people and pets should be kept out of the area and away from the bucket for the duration of the works.
In addition we ask you to advise our technicians of any potential hazards that may exist within the house or grounds prior to commencement of work.
Electrodry cannot guarantee that all stains will be removed upon cleaning. Stains derived from caustics, acids and permanent dyes may be permanent stains that cannot be removed. Further, Electrodry cannot be responsible for any pre-existing condition that is not apparent upon visual inspection.
These conditions may include but not be limited to:
• Fugitive dyes not properly set in manufacture or re-dyeing
• Lounge suites that have water or solvent soluble coloured backing material
• Carpet that has been over-stretched during laying or suffers from de-lamination
• Carpet that has suffered sun-damage, making it fragile or affecting dye-colour
• Markers used on carpet, fabric backing or padding
• Bodily fluids within mattresses
Electrodry will only warrant claims with respect to workmanship of the services provided if the claim is reported within 14 days of completion of the work. In the event of a customer complaint, the customer undertakes to give Electrodry the opportunity to rectify all work.
Minimum callout fees apply.
Carpet Cleaning – Specific Information
Prices are subject to a maximum room size of 13 square metres. Steps are quoted per stair. Prices are subject to the condition of the carpet. Difficult stains may incur an additional charge.
Special Offers not available in all areas.
Upholstery- Specific Information
Price is per seating position and subject to the condition of the upholstery. Additional charges may apply for recliners, ottomans and chaises.
Leather- Specific Information
Leather is subject to additional charges on normal upholstery pricing, and subject to the condition of the lounge.
Electrodry cannot be responsible for dye migration or damage due to pigmented leather not correctly sealed.
Aniline and Simi Aniline leathers cannot be cleaned.
Mattress- Specific Information
Electrodry’s healthy mattress cleaning system is not designed to remove stains from a mattress.
The customer must identify any latex prior to any Electrodry mattress cleaning service.
TILE & GROUT CLEANING
Electrodry cannot be held responsible for any unforseen adverse conditions relating to the cleaning of the tiles & grout. This includes but is not limited to:
- Loose, scratched or chipped tiles
- Loose or cracked grout, missing grout
- UV fading or damage
- Stainage of the tiles & grout
Electrodry’s clear penetrating tile and grout sealer is supported with a 5 year warranty. Electrodry’s grout colour sealing service is supported by a 10 year warranty (5 year warranty for wet areas such as bathrooms). The terms and conditions of the warranty are:
- For warranty claims in the case of a spill, you must claim within 5 days of the spill occurring.
- Warranty holder must show their warranty card as proof of purchase when making a warranty claim
- You must make reasonable attempts to remove the stain with an approved neutral (pH7) cleaning product before calling Electrodry.
- In wet areas such as showers, mould and mildew are excluded from all warranty claims.
- The sealed grout must only be cleaned with a soft bristle brush such as a soft broom or toothbrush, not a stiff bristled brush.
- This warranty will be voided if the protected areas are cleaned by any company other than Electrodry, or spot cleaned with a product that is not neutral (pH7)
- You agree to have at least one maintenance clean performed by Electrodry (at a discounted price) every 2-4 years from the date of the original clean to keep the warranty active.
- To make a claim you must have this certificate on hand.
- This warranty is not transferable. Normal soiling and dirt build up on hard surfaces and grout are excluded. No other warranty is expressed or implied. No one is authorised to assume for the Company any other liability in connection with this product. Warranty is available to owner-occupied residences only. Not applicable to rental or commercial premises, or shower cubicle floors. Electrodry has the right to exclude certain areas from the warranty.
The customer agrees that they have been informed that there are various types of fabric protection and the type used by Electrodry could best be described as a stain release. This means that on each type of carpet its reaction is slightly different and it is not intentionally designed for water to bead up on the carpet but for the stain that is caused by any spillage to be released from the carpet. Should the spillage or stain be a caustic, acid or dye then this could impair the effectiveness of the product and the results cannot be guaranteed. Any guarantee on the application of the product is limited to attempting to remove the stain and re-applying the product to the affected area.
Electrodry will not be held responsible for any unforseen adverse conditions relating to delamination, dye movement, nor ultra violet light (UV) damage that may occur in relation to the carrying out of the service on fabric/material, even if the apparent UV damage is not visible nor ascertainable at time of providing the service. The customer acknowledges, that subject to certain fabrics and materials, shrinkage may occur up to three percent (3%) of the total curtain area and no responsibility will be accepted by Electrodry.
AIR CONDITIONER CLEANING
Electrodry cannot be held responsible for any unforeseen conditions relating to the cleaning of the Air conditioner system. This includes but is not limited to:
- Cracked housing components on the unit
- UV fading or damage
- Damaged fine
Air conditioning systems are designed to run wet. The Electrodry Air conditioning cleaning system cannot cause damage to a correctly designed and installed system. Electrodry will not be held responsible for any issues associated with incorrectly installed and designed systems after cleaning. Where electricity must be turned off to the whole house, Electrodry will not be responsible for issues with other devices in the house during or after the cleaning process.
- All prices are subject to inspection
- Micro-cleaning ONLY (without the Micro-misting) may leave a heavy chlorine based VOC or smell and is not covered by the 12 month Warranty
- Pets and plants and people must be removed from the home during treatment
- No-one is to be in the household during or for 5 hours after the treatment
- Open food must be put away during treatment
- All areas to be micro cleaned need to be easily accessible
- Moving of furniture/whitegoods etc to allow access is the customer’s responsibility and needs to be done prior to our attendance.
- High and/or textured ceilings requiring scaffolding will incur additional fees
- If your paintwork is over 5 years old, there is a higher chance it will oxidize causing the paint to dis-colour
- In rare circumstances, bubbling of paint is possible where high levels of moisture have been prevalent
- Products may set off fire alarms, it is the responsibility of the customer to make whatever preparations are necessary to manage this.
- If humidity is not controlled the surfaces micro cleaned may stay wet for long periods. The products are designed to aid in confirming if the moisture issues have been addressed
- Warranties are not valid in designed wet area’s such as laundry, bathroom, en-suite
- Warranties are not valid if any unforeseen water intrusion occurs
- If air sampling is being conducted, both the micro-cleaning and micro-misting must be done and the air sample must be taken within 72hrs of treatment
- 12 month Warranty – Micro-Cleaning and Micro-Misting must both be conducted and relative humidity measured at under 60%. Windows and window sills must be kept clean and free of moisture (including condensation)
Payment should be by Cash or Card. Credit Cards attract a bank charge of 1.5%. This surcharge does not attract GST. Savings cards do not attract this charge.
If payment is made by Credit Card and the transaction cannot be completed for any reason then payment will be considered to be “On Account” per the Terms and Conditions.
If an account is given and payment is not made by the due date, or payment is dishonoured or otherwise, Electrodry reserves the right to charge a reasonable Administration Fee, in addition to all other costs associated with recovering the debt including, but not limited to, legal costs and debt recovery costs.
Cheques will only be accepted from commercial customers where an account has been set up prior to the job.
Cancellation Fees and Surcharges
Electrodry reserves the right to charge customers a cancellation fee (minimum of $75) if adequate notice is not given for the cancellation of the booked job. Adequate notice is at the discretion of the Franchise Owner, Technician or Operator whom takes your call. Surcharges may be charged on jobs booked for weekends, after hours, public holidays, in multi level apartment blocks or when more than one operator is required.
Brochures and Advertising Material
When stated on all advertising material the following conditions apply. Room is a maximum room size of 13 square metres. Any room larger will be classified as two rooms. Discounting of smaller spaces is up to the individual franchise owner, technician or call centre operator. Discounting of smaller spaces is not a requirement. All pricing is subject to inspection and additional charges may be incurred for stain removal, treatment of carpets or rooms that are more heavily soiled, dual process and additional services. It is up to the individual technician, franchise owner or call centre operator to honour any kind of advertising material that has been retained by the customer and is out of date or proven by Electrodry’s records to be out of date, or if the advertising material is from another area, franchise zone or state. Electrodry’s advertising material is distributed by a third party and Electrodry takes no responsibility for the misdistribution of these materials in any case.
(In the foregoing, the word “Electrodry” shall include “A Whistle & Co (1979) Pty Ltd” and each and every one of that company’s “Electrodry” franchisees).
1. This document explains how we collect, use and disclose your personal information in connection with our services.
2. Generally, the only personal information we collect about you is that which you choose to tell us. This may be when you contact us to book our services, or when you pay us. We may also collect information from a friend or someone who refers our services to you.
3. We collect personal information (including but not limited to your name, address, phone number and billing information) which we consider relevant in providing and promoting our services to you.
4. We use your personal information to provide, promote and market our services to you as well as to maintain and develop our business systems and to comply with our franchise requirements and the law. If you do not provide us with all or part of the personal information we require, it may prevent us from providing services to you, and in keeping you informed about promotional offers. If you wish to “opt out” of receiving such information please let us know.
5. We will not sell your personal information without your consent, unless we sell our business although we are required to disclose your personal information to the Electrodry franchisor. We may choose to disclose your personal information to our contractors, our agents, and any other party who may assist us in providing services to you, or in promoting or marketing our services to you, or any party who purchases or seeks to purchase our business.
6. We store your information in both electronic and paper form and we take all reasonable precautions to protect these records from misuse or unauthorised access by using physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. It is our practice to destroy, delete or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed.
7. When you provide us with personal information we assume that it is correct unless you tell us otherwise. If your information changes we ask for your assistance by telling us the information we hold is no longer accurate. Our contact details are on the front side of this invoice.