After a long hot day, there’s no better feeling than coming home to a freshly cooled home, thanks to the trusty air conditioner.
But what if your air conditioner isn’t holding up its end of the deal? It has one job, and that’s to keep you cool. It’s frustrating when it just doesn’t get there when you need it most!
If your air-conditioner just isn’t performing the way it used to, then chances are it just needs some serious TLC to get it firing again.
Take control today
Open up your air conditioner – I dare you. I opened up mine the other day and the build-up of grime that had settled in there was pretty gross. This gunk had been blowing throughout my home for a good couple of months now and as someone who keeps a tidy home, this was a little confronting. I could actually smell a dank, mouldy smell every time I turned on my air-conditioner. I gave the filter panels a good shake and vacuum outside, which helped a lot, but it didn’t really gets the results I was after and the mould smell was still hanging around.
Let a professional amp up the power
To get your cooling power back, you need to remove the built-up grime from the fins of the evaporative unit (the internal unit of a split system air-conditioner), as well as clean the barrel fan inside the air-conditioner. This needs to be done by a professional and the results are amazing:
- Increased air-flow
- Air that is 4 degrees colder
- Up to 22% less power consumption
- Clean healthy air without the dank, mouldy dank smell
How much does it cost?
You knew it was coming – the plug. Our teams have put in the work to ensure that what we do is going to make you comfortable in the heat this summer. So here it is. A professional air-conditioner clean will usually cost just $119. We can service your external unit too, usually for just $169. Have a 2nd unit? We can service it too at a reduced cost.
Our teams know how to service ducted air conditioning too, usually costing $299 for 6 internal outlets ($399 for external as well). More detailed pricing information can be found here.
What we do
- Temperature and air flow testing before and after the service so we know the difference the clean makes.
- Industrial-strength vacuum to remove all the dry dirt and contaminants.
- Pre-treatment spray for evaporative unit and condenser.
- Pressure rinse internal fins and coils of evaporative unit and condenser.
- Treatment with anti-static, self-cleaning coating (if requested) – this step will enable the system to remain clean for up to 2 years.
- Clean the filter.
- Re-test temperature and air flow.
It’s an affordable service that will give you peace of mind and arm you with amazing cooling power to beat the heat. We’re doing this for your own good, trust us.
Your wallet will thank you
An added bonus? Your air conditioner will work more cost effectively - in simple terms, this is because air flow isn’t hindered by built-up junk in the unit. Your system will hit your desired temperature much quicker and won’t have to work as hard to maintain it. A professional clean can decrease your energy consumption by up to 22% which means savings on your power bill – ka-ching!
How to keep the coolness going
Here’s what you can do to keep the house comfortable and your unit in great cooling condition.
- Set your temperature to 24°C or higher – each degree under uses 5% more energy. Only turn your air-con on when it gets over 30°C outside.
- Use fans instead to circulate air, cracking windows open slightly to improve their efficiency. This could save you between $40 and $200 a year.
- If you have it, choose the water drop symbol on your remote instead of the snowflake for cooling. This is a dry mode and is great in humid areas. The air-con compressor runs at less power and could halve your usage power.
- Close blinds and leave lights off first thing in the morning if there’s enough natural light, of course. I do this at my place and on really hot days, the air-con doesn’t need to go on until lunch-time, if at all!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Sign up for email promotions, tips and special offers.