FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ABOUT THE ELECTRODRY FRANCHISE
1. HOW MANY YEARS HAS ELECTRODRY BEEN ESTABLISHED?
Electrodry started in 1983, making us more than 30 years old.
2. WHAT TYPE OF SERVICES DOES ELECTRODRY OFFER?
Electrodry offers a unique carpet dry cleaning service that removes more stains than any other system and leaves the carpet walk-on dry.
We also offer upholstery cleaning, mattress cleaning, tile and grout cleaning and air conditioner cleaning services, all of which incorporate Healthguard™, a sanitiser that eliminates germs and bacteria as well as achieving amazing cleaning results.
Electrodry is much more than just carpet cleaning!
3. HOW MUCH IS AN ELECTRODRY FRANCHISE?
Depending upon the location and its previous trading history, a franchise purchased from Head Office will generally be approximately $68,000 plus GST, inclusive of all the tools of the trade to complete core business (valued at approx. $30,000).
The above price excludes the Electrodry van, which is generally leased from us, depending on the recommendations of your financial adviser.
If an existing franchise is being purchased then the purchase price will vary depending on the trading history of the business.
4. HOW MUCH IS THE ROYALTY FEE AND WHAT DO I RECEIVE FOR MY ROYALTY FEES?
There is a base royalty fee that varies depending on the area, however the franchise fee will generally be approx. 10% of turnover.
5. IS THERE AN ADVERTISING CONTRIBUTION AND, IF SO, WHAT TYPE OF ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL SUPPORT WILL I RECEIVE?
The advertising contribution will vary depending on the franchise area. The contribution will generally cover Yellow Pages advertising, television, digital marketing and distribution of between 3000 and 5000 full colour brochures per week, plus regular communications through our email newsletter with a mailing list of over 80,000 existing customers.
We have aligned our advertising levels with the goal of allowing us to build our customer base so that we can consistently improve our turnover by 10-20% per annum.
6. IS THERE A TRAINING PROGRAM? AND IF SO, WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING WILL I RECEIVE?
You will receive 2 weeks of hands on training with a franchise member in your local area and 3 days training at our head office in Newcastle. Each franchise member will undertake 2 courses with the IICRC (International Institute for Cleaning and Restoration Certification), which is an international training and certification body. The IICRC courses help provide the knowledge to turn each franchise member into an industry expert.
Electrodry also conducts training for its franchise members in all major cities.
7. IS THE FRANCHISEE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE ANY EQUIPMENT, PRODUCT, OR SUPPLIES DIRECTLY FROM ELECTRODRY?
The Electrodry cleaning system is unique to Electrodry and, as such, all cleaning products and some marketing materials must be purchased from Electrodry.
Electrodry stocks and sells most other items required for running an Electrodry business at very cost effective rates, although purchasing through us is not compulsory.
8. HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO EARN FROM MY FRANCHISE?
The profit from an Electrodry franchise depends on the efforts of the franchisee. When Electrodry Head Office sells a franchise it warrants* an income of $50,000 in the first year of the business. A single person operation can earn a profit of $90K to $100K. Once a franchise has been developed it is possible to turnover $300K plus and achieve a profit of $100K to $150K**.
*Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Franchise Disclosure Document and Agreement
**Based on the expected costs for a franchise operation given its turnover level.
9. WHAT IS THE LENGTH OF MY FRANCHISE AGREEMENT?
Three years and renewable every three years up to a maximum life of the franchise of 10 years (including the first 1-year term of the agreement).
A franchise is renewable at no cost, except for the preparation of documents.
10. CAN I SELL THE RIGHTS TO MY FRANCHISE?
Yes. Many Electrodry franchises have been sold with substantial capital gains and this is one of the greatest advantages of an Electrodry franchise.
11. CAN I OWN MORE THAN ONE FRANCHISE?
Yes, some of our most successful franchise members are multiple franchise owners.
12. WHY SHOULD I PURCHASE A FRANCHISE?
An Electrodry franchise is ideal for someone wanting to take control of their life, gain some economic freedom, and reap the rewards of their own efforts. There are very few businesses that can deliver the same financial return as an Electrodry franchise for the establishment cost involved.
13. HOW SOON AFTER APPROVAL CAN I EXPECT TO START CLEANING CARPETS?
We can have you on the road and starting the training process almost immediately.
14. WHAT EXPERIENCE DO I NEED TO OPERATE AN ELECTRODRY FRANCHISE?
There is no experience required to be an Electrodry franchisee. Our franchise members come from many different backgrounds. It is important that each franchise member has a strong determination to succeed, enjoys dealing with the public and is prepared for some physical work.
15. I AM DEFINITELY INTERESTED IN PURCHASING AN ELECTRODRY FRANCHISE. WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
- Contact our National Franchise & Development Manager Ricki Nash – National Franchise & Development Manager at [email protected]
- Ricki will contact you within 48 hours to discuss your enquiry.
- We organise a hands-on 'trial day' where you will go on the road with an existing franchise member to give you a better understanding of what is involved in running an Electrodry franchise.
- We then organise an assessment interview, which is an opportunity for you to find out more about Electrodry and ask for all the information you need. It also gives us an opportunity to evaluate your ability to be a successful Electrodry franchisee.
- We ask you to fill out and send back a Franchise Qualification Application.
- We then supply you with the legal documentation and other financial information required for you to decide if an Electrodry franchise is right for you.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Sign up for email promotions, tips and special offers.